About the job opening for a Logistics Assistant
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for the accurate storing and receiving of goods and the counting, picking and loading of goods as designated on orders in, within, on the grounds of, or out of the distribution center. Additionally, the Logistics Assistant is responsible for the proactive monitoring of reports, processing inventory data updates, assisting other team members with inventory and shipment issues, and perform other duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager or other supervisory management. Applicants should possess an average skill level in PC applications and email use, in addition to familiarity with MS Excel.
About the company
We are a multinational, Tier 1 facilities-based ISP, consistently ranked as one of the top five networks in the world and is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the ticker symbol CCOI. We specialize in providing businesses with high speed Internet access and Ethernet transport services. Our facilities-based, all-optical IP network backbone provides IP services in over 212 markets globally. Since its inception, we have unleashed the benefits of IP technology, building one of the largest and highest capacity IP networks in the world. This network enables us to offer large bandwidth connections at highly competitive prices. We also offer superior customer support by virtue of its end-to-end control of service delivery and network monitoring. We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package that takes effect within 30 days of employment.
Job requirements for the Logistics Assistant
- Maintain proficiency in the Inventory Shipping and Receiving (ISR) system
- Unload, sort, verify, stock, segregate, pick, reserve, replenish, pack, count and load merchandise as designated on orders.
- Monitor inbound and outbound shipments, and provide basic communication and escalation with our vendors
- Accurate and timely processing of reports and paperwork associated with the various procedures and duties.
- Understand, follow and perform to the maximum levels of quality and productivity standards.
- Conduct cycle counts and physical inventories as required.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack, and other basic warehouse equipment
- Lift 70 pounds
- Routinely corresponds with vendors and parties within our company via email, and telephone in the execution of role assignments
- Serves as a point of contact for emergency shipping and receiving, including after-hour and weekend on-call assignments
- Understand and apply a working knowledge of shipping regulations, customs and duties requirements, and other related concepts
- Utilize the various shipping vendors as outlined by the direction of Logistics policies in order to complete shipping requests
- Maintain a functional understanding of the abilities and service obligations of our shipping vendors
Position Location and Conditions
- Standing for prolonged periods
- Warehouse environment
- Manual labor related to typical warehouse duties
- Located onsite in Halfweg, The Netherlands
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!