MK Digital is an ICT recruitment and selection agency specialized in the data center, cloud, telecom and hosting industry in the Benelux.
Thanks to our 14 years of experience and personal way of working, we have an extensive network of ICT professionals and top talents in the field of technology, sales, finance and marketing. This enables us to quickly match the right candidate with the right client.
Below you will find a vacancy of one of our clients. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you think that a friend, family member or acquaintance might be interested, tip us off and receive 50% of our earnings as soon as we have found him or her a job, for more information, just give us a call or mail Mark at email@example.com!
Job opening for a Junior/Medior Monitoring Specialist
Passionate about keeping workflows up and running? Do you want to be the one that develops and implements new ways to monitor these workflows? Does a monitoring dashboard with red items on it get you itchy? Are you the one that wants to help clients by handling issues in our monitoring tools (repairs)? And are you the script geek that writes the best code ever!? Then you might be the Monitoring Specialist that the Control Center, team APM, is looking for! The Control Center focuses on quality, of our company and our customers, based on data. The APM team focusses on Application Performance Monitoring and uses a set of monitoring tooling like Nexthink, Dynatrace and our inhouse developed tool called Ymonitor. During the sprints you will develop new scripts, update or repair existing scripts and work on our Camunda BMP tool. The languages vary on the tool but include Java. You will deliver insights using dashboarding and reports created in tooling like Splunk. You are the one that is part of the central team in control of our monitoring support other teams and customers. Based on your analysis and experience you will advise customers and colleagues on how to improve their services. You will become part of the Control Center team APM consisting of other experienced Monitoring Specialists. We will offer training and an environment to learn all the tools and skills to be the best Monitoring Specialist you can be.
You will work from the Netherlands in the Control Center team APM. Your direct report is the delivery manager of the team. You will work closely together with the Data Analytics team of the Control Center and with more than 300 colleagues in the Netherlands, more than 650 in NL, BE, DK and BG.
The team has a dedicated control room in our Utrecht (de Meern) office but works by the “work from anywhere” principle. We have two other offices in Rotterdam and Amsterdam where the team also works from. After corona, when the situation allows it, we will go back to 50% working from home.
The main language in writing, in meetings and in other communication is English. Most, but not all, of the team speaks native Dutch as well.
What do we expect from our Monitoring Specialists?
- One to three years of relevant work experience or education
- Relevant certification and/or willingness to get certified
- Affinity with IT, basic knowledge of how applications, the internet, etc ‘works
- (basic) knowledge of big data tools like Splunk and Elastic
- Demonstrable scripting skills
- Experience with monitoring tooling, Dynatrace, Zabbix, Nagios, Nexthink are a plus
- Experienced in automation: Git, CI/CD, Jira, a.o.
- Good English, both in spoken and written
- Coding skills are a plus
- Experienced in working with customers, knowledge of operations in an MSP/ISP is a plus
- Experience with ITSM tools like ServiceNow is a plus
- You are self-supporting, bring solutions not problems, don’t give up and want to improve on quality
- Passionate about monitoring
- The one automating our monitoring solutions, instead of repeatedly fixing it
- (Big) Data driven, you operate by facts
- You think in automation and speak code
- In your comfort zone when doing analysis
What you get
- To work in a small but experienced team
- To work with the other teams in the Control Center department and NL
- Development and learning options in projects that you get to work on
- To work with a great variety of monitoring tools
- To do DevOps work in Sprints
- 40% Monitoring: Captain and Repair shifts
- 50% DevOps: sprint work
- 10% Other, including training
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!