MK Digital is an ICT recruitment and selection agency specialized in the data center, cloud, telecom and hosting industry in the Benelux.
Thanks to our 14 years of experience and personal way of working, we have an extensive network of ICT professionals and top talents in the field of technology, sales, finance and marketing. This enables us to quickly match the right candidate with the right client.
Below you will find a vacancy of one of our clients. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you think that a friend, family member or acquaintance might be interested, tip us off and receive 50% of our earnings as soon as we have found him or her a job, for more information, just give us a call or mail Mark at email@example.com!
We are a telecommunications scale-up founded in 2014 in the Netherlands. We offer a SaaS telephony platform that revolutionises the way freelancers and small businesses communicate. That includes building our very own Webphone in 2021, and launching our integrations in early 2022. And for two years in a row, we’re also one of the fastest growing businesses in the Netherlands! And there’s so much more to us.
Our founders are techies, which means we don’t considersoftware engineering an afterthought, a necessary evil or an expense. It’s in our DNA.We’re passionate about transforming a conservative telecom market, where most applications come from the Age of Dinosaurs. We do this by designing and building intuitive software by applying User Centered Design principles. From networking to mobile apps: everything is done in-house, which allows for rapid prototyping (“fail often, fail fast”) and enables us to stay ahead of the competition.
Our company pillars
- If you have to do it twice, automate. Right?
- If it doesn’t scale, don’t bother. Something we tell ourselves with each innovation.
- Without data, you’re just someone with an opinion. No data, no decision.
- Happy people drive growth. Our culture is driven by internal entrepreneurship.
About the role:
Our Web platform is based on PHP/jQuery and communicates with a NodeJS REST API. However, our latest feature – the Webphone, being able to make and receive calls from your browser – is based on React (and WebRTC / JsSIP).
About the location:
We have recently opened a new Engineering office in Barcelona! After growing our team from 2 to 11 people in just a couple of years, it was time to spread our wings and look beyond our borders. Barcelona has been chosen as the location to further expand our Engineering team because we think its hot tech scene is a perfect match for us. You will join two colleagues already working in the Barcelona office (which is located right next to the beach!). To ensure team synergy and to integrate new hires into our current team, employees will have the option to travel between Barcelona and Rotterdam on a regular basis.
(Want to catch some photos of our Barcelona office, and stay up-to-date? Be sure to check out our Instagram!
- be part of a multidisciplinary team that ships great, intuitive software and knows what they’re doing
- take technical ownership of your product
- work on a NodeJS backend and a React frontend
- migrate a boring, stateless PHP application to a new and snappy React SPA!
For this role, we need you to have:
- +/- 2 years of experience using React
- +/- 2 years of experience using NodeJS
- a solid understanding of React hooks and state management
- experience using functional React components
- experience with Webpack or similar tools
- experience with REST API’s
- a good level of English (both spoken and written)
It would be nice if you have:
- a related bachelor’s degree
- experience with CSS modules
- experience with CI/CD workflows
- a sharp eye for UI/UX design
We offer the following:
- A competitive salary
- A yearly budget of €750,- for self study
- 25 vacation days per year
- Free lunch
- A brand new MacBook Pro
- Regular team activities & travel to the Netherlands
- A chance to take ownership of your product
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!