MK Digital is an ICT recruitment and selection agency specialized in the data center, cloud, telecom and hosting industry in the Benelux.
Thanks to our 14 years of experience and personal way of working, we have an extensive network of ICT professionals and top talents in the field of technology, sales, finance and marketing. This enables us to quickly match the right candidate with the right client.
Below you will find a vacancy of one of our clients. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you think that a friend, family member or acquaintance might be interested, tip us off and receive 50% of our earnings as soon as we have found him or her a job, for more information, just give us a call or mail Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Job opening for a AWS Consultant
Are you a Consultant with a passion for automation and public cloud on AWS? You will fit perfectly into our expert team of AWS Consultants. Together we discuss with Clients, defining the most efficient solution to bring our client to where they want to be. We’re getting excited when we can work with containers, serverless architecture and PaaS components, as long as it’s cloud native. Because we’re hungry for more, all of the team members love to learn everything about new technologies and discussing this during team meetings, a lunch, a beer and pizza sessions. As soon as we can we’d love to advise/implement these new technologies to our client projects.
We’re looking for Consultants passionate about AWS & Public Cloud who can live up to our motto “Lead the way”. As one of our AWS Consultants you work in an enthusiastic, committed and highly skilled AWS experts team. This team is active within a variety of different industries and uses AWS services. We have designed our structure in such a way that each team is responsible for a portfolio of customers. And the mind-set we have is to automate pretty much everything and avoid repetitive tasks. We are always there to help you to achieve your goals and to exceed customers expectations
In addition, we redesign environments and give advice on software refactoring to our customers: how can they move their applications and workloads to AWS in the most cloud native way? Following that, we continuously improve and optimize the environments within AWS together with our clients.
Within the multidisciplinary team we always seek a good balance between work experience and the eagerness to learn new things. You work together with other Consultants, Engineers and a Product Owner in a self-managed, agile team.
You will also be enabled to evolve yourself with time, as we strongly emphasise on continuous learning (to keep up with the avalanche of changes in ICT and the world at large). You’ll develop yourself on-the-job, through structured training, and by getting to work with some of the smartest people on this planet.
Today, the ‘tech’ part is only one of the three aspects that define the success of a business (Cloud) endeavour, and under our 5D Model you’ll get acquainted with all three: Tech, People, and Processes.
Will you use your skills to help us exceed our customers’ expectations? Then come to work with us as AWS Consultant!
What do we expect from our AWS Consultants?
- At minimum you have a bachelor’s degree (or demonstrable comparable working and thinking skills) in computer or information science, engineering, IT, or Mathematics
- Are not afraid to talk to customers, give workshops, give advice and say no to customers’ unrealistic ideas
- Are able to coach colleagues and clients, guiding them to a higher level by showing, doing and participating
- Are not afraid of scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby or PowerShell
- Want to get started with Infrastructure as Code
- Are motivated to work with AWS, 12 factor apps and design for failure
- Are true teamplayers and have a good customer service attitude
- Good understanding of modern web applications
Nice to haves
- specialized in the field of DBA, Networking, multi-tier applications, web platforms, AI / ML, Datalakes, K8S, Docker or Serverless.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Grafana, Datadog, Prometheus, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc
- Have a good level of English, both verbal and written
- A driven consultant with a passion for AWS or someone who’s ready to make the move to AWS
- Someone who really loves to work with other technicians and with technology itself
- A real initiator that always aims for 110% and likes nothing better than working with the latest technologies
What you get
- A stimulating work environment where you work with the latest technologies
- Since you will work with extremely demanding organisations from sectors such as Finance, Banking, and Healthcare, you’ll gain experience in much more than technology alone
- Apart from a healthy salary and various secondary benefits, you’ll work in an open and relaxed atmosphere with like-minded people
- Besides working together, we have fun together and under “A Great Place to Work” we frequently engage in relaxing activities (e.g., yoga sessions, knowledge quizzes, gatherings with a DJ present, etc.)
- As a AWS Cloud Consultant, you specialise in AWS Cloud systems and corresponding technical and business practices
- Take final responsibility for all deliverables, guarding the timelines and ensuring that all are fit for purpose
- You will perform Cloud infrastructure design, maintenance, support, and planning. Working in a largely self-organising Cell, you will identify and implement cloud-based solutions as per your customer’s strategy, vision, and Roadmap
- Plan, design, develop, roll out, manage and support customers’ Cloud solutions
- Work with customer representatives to operate and evolve their Cloud resources, often under a DevOps-styled cooperation model
- Contribute to the continuous development of our own Best Practices
- Share knowledge with colleagues and clients – and in turn, attend others’ training sessions
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via email@example.com.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!