Product Manager – Compute & Connectivity
About the Job
Who we are
We are a leading provider of high-performance, low-latency hosting through a vast, privately-owned global network. As game sector veterans, we know what it takes for a network to withstand heavy demands. Now we’re growing faster than ever, keeping some of the world’s biggest games and WebRTC services online, and their users connected.
As a Product Manager Compute & Connectivity you are the bridge between the commercial and technical departments. You work hand in hand with the technical and commercial teams to provide a fitting solution for our customers. You’ll get to stretch your professional abilities in a varied role that includes translating technical aspects to commercially viable products, training commercial team members with technical knowledge, and working closely with various stakeholders on specific business cases to provide technical knowledge.
Your main goal is to indirectly help reach the revenue goals stated by the commercial management team. You’ll assist sales in technical business cases, make sure all technical information is translated into proper documentation both for internal and external use, maintain an updated product portfolio, and reach out directly to customers to ensure customer problems are assessed and translated to a fitting solution.
Who you are is just as important as what you can do. You’ll be a hands-on self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. You can be your own master and relish the opportunity to structure your own days and interconnect with a multitude of people both in and outside the company. You are able to balance customer-focus with business needs and have both strong analytical and communication skills. Most importantly, you’re a team player who can stand your ground in a fast-paced but fun working environment.
You will be joining a young, fun, and ambitious Product & Marketing department. Working during the pandemic is a challenge, but we can proudly say we have met that challenge head-on. Despite the distance, we can collaborate, bond, and get you settled. You’ll also have the freedom to structure your days, work times, and environment. If you feel safer working from home, take advantage of our budget for your home office equipment. Alternatively, feel free to use our Rotterdam office, including the fully equipped gym, kitchen, and gaming room (whilst complying with social distancing measures, of course).
- Co-responsible in setting the product strategy, business cases and the execution thereof.
- Meet with both internal and external stakeholders including technical C-levels.
- Translate technology and market needs into value propositions.
- Lead Proof of Concepts with prospects, working closely with their technical teams and engage efficiently with our technical teams.
- Align with the Product team to ensure a competitive product portfolio.
- Lead the go-to-market for various product propositions.
- Train and assist the Sales and Support teams in getting our products to market.
- Act, both internal as external as thought leader to help position our company.
- Bachelor’s degree, qualification preferably in a technical degree (e.g.: Computer science, IT & Business Management).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a technical role with a network provider, hosting company or IT specialist within the Internet / Hosting industry.
- Understanding of IP services, Network Equipment, CDN and security aspects (Firewalling, ACLs, DDoS).
- Understanding of Compute services such as Virtualized Machines, Cloud Instances and Bare Metal.
- Understanding of Database infrastructure and services.
- Strong commercial insight, knows how to translate customer problems to resonating quotes fitting within our product portfolio.
- Strong adaptable and hands-on approach to anticipate surprises and provide solutions.
- Customer focused professional who enjoys building relationships with clients.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Dutch.
Additional nice things
Work From Home Budget
Travel the Globe
Vitality @ Work
Workout in our Gym
Get Free Games
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via email@example.com.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!