MK Digital is an ICT recruitment and selection agency specialized in the data center, cloud, telecom and hosting industry in the Benelux.
Thanks to our 14 years of experience and personal way of working, we have an extensive network of ICT professionals and top talents in the field of technology, sales, finance and marketing. This enables us to quickly match the right candidate with the right client.
Below you will find a vacancy of one of our clients. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you think that a friend, family member or acquaintance might be interested, tip us off and receive 50% of our earnings as soon as we have found him or her a job, for more information, just give us a call or mail Mark at email@example.com!
Are you ready for a challenging new job and make the difference from strategic perspective? We are looking for an M&A Associate. As M&A Associate, you are instrumental to our M&A activities and strategic direction.
- M&A: As M&A Associate you will join the Director M&A to identify and analyse market opportunities and subsequently execute and manage acquisition processes, establish joint ventures or partnerships, and identify, select, analyse and manage potential brown-or greenfield investment opportunities across Europe.
- Project management integration: You will be managing M&A integration processes as a project manager, ensuring completion of such projects in a (cost-)efficient and timely manner, ensuring deadlines are met. You will do this in close cooperation with the integration team and relevant stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Our financial-and operational model: You will be responsible for further developing and improving our internal financial-and operational model and you will keep this model up-to-date, incorporate growth initiatives, both organic and non-organic and perform analyses if and when required.
You will become part of a small M&A team, responsible for identification, evaluation, selection and execution of M&A opportunities. You will do this in close cooperation with the Board, Management Team, Finance, multi-disciplinary projects teams as well as with our shareholders and other relevant stakeholders. Our goal is to deliver on our strategy, by pursuing and executing transactions that add significant value to our existing and international platform of regional datacenters.
You will report to the Director M&A and you will have significant exposure to all decision makers and be at the forefront shaping our growth ambitions internationally.
- Assisting in- and development of the overall M&A strategy;
- Managing of- and assisting in all stages of acquisition processes;
- Identify potential acquisition opportunities through market assessment, competitive monitoring and profiling;
- Detailed analysis of target companies with focus on business model, financial performance and synergies;
- Development of acquisition business cases, valuation- and synergy modelling;
- Coordinate (due diligence) activities on legal, accounting, operational and financial matters;
- Preparing relevant transaction documents, both internal and external;
- Cooperate with other departments on structuring financing and operational requirements;
- Develop an integration plan for the target including management analysis and requirements and subsequently manage such integration in collaboration with integration teams;
- Responsible for our operational and financial model, both historically and forward looking, in close cooperation with relevant departments including finance;
- Present results of analyses and assessments in documentation and presentation formats. Support the Director M&A in drafting presentations; and
- Further professionalise the M&A team and standard materials and procedures are kept up-to-date by you.
Since you will be part of a small team, you will have to cooperate with experts both within our company as well as external. This network is to assist the M&A function in all its aspects including technical and operational issues, financing, legal, commercial, market intelligence and more.
Your Competencies and Experience
- University degree in business, finance, economics or comparable
- Proven track record and experience in M&A, with c. 4-6 years of relevant experience in (corporate) M&A, Investment Banking, Big 4, financial modelling and relevant project management skills, preferably with experience in the datacenter industry
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with strong financial modelling skills
- Strategic, yet pragmatic thinker to develop and consider strategic, financial and operational implications of acquisition opportunities
- Proven ability to work with executives in developing strategies, assessing targets and identifying value creation opportunities and associated risks
- Proven project management skills to manage and execute on acquisition projects
- Familiarity with all phases of acquisition processes
- Excellent knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) and preferably experience with Power BI
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills across organisational levels and stakeholders
- Positive attitude, entrepreneurial, collaborative approach, team player, creative thinker and proactive personality
- Able to motivate and coach a team of multiple disciplines, both internal and external, to achieve high quality results
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priories effectively
- Energetic and positive can-do mentality, hands-on and pragmatic
- Fluent in Dutch and English, additional language is a plus
- Ability to travel if and when required
What We Offer You
We believe our success depends on your decisiveness. People are invaluable and make the difference. We invest in our people to support their growth and let you excel. As M&A Associate you can expect the following:
- Attractive and market-based employment conditions package including a competitive salary that fits your work experience, a lease car and secondary employment conditions
- Positive environment supporting your growth and ambition with the opportunity to excel at your job and beyond
- Steep learning curve in an entrepreneurial setting, where you can take responsibility
- Budget for training and personal development
- Frequent company events
- Significant exposure to all (executive) decision makers, helping to realise both your personal- and our growth and development
- Our offices are located in Oude Meer (Schiphol), and we offer flexibility in terms of working remotely
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!