Job opening for a Linux Cloud Engineer
MK Digital is an ICT recruitment and selection agency specialized in the data center, cloud, telecom and hosting industry in the Benelux.
Thanks to our 14 years of experience and personal way of working, we have an extensive network of ICT professionals and top talents in the field of technology, sales, finance and marketing. This enables us to quickly match the right candidate with the right client.
Below you will find a vacancy of one of our clients. If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply directly using the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you think that a friend, family member or acquaintance might be interested, tip us off and receive 50% of our earnings as soon as we have found him or her a job, for more information, just give us a call or mail Mark at email@example.com!
Linux Cloud Engineer
From design to maintenance that is the full responsibility within the team you will be part of as a Cloud Engineer. We set up and maintain cloud environments and we strive to have no down time. We do this by taking ownership and by automating and virtualizing as much as possible. Our engineers are all-rounders with their own specialism within the (private) cloud field. You as an all-round engineer, mainly focusing on Linux. You migrate, maintain & deploy solutions in a (private) cloud environment. Innovative solutions that are available at all times, everywhere; that is what we strive for. We go the extra mile to exceed the expectations of our customers. Besides the technical aspects of your work, do you enjoy putting the customer first?
As a Linux Cloud Engineer you will be part of a dedicated customer team, we are structured in such a way that each team serves its own portfolio of customers 24 x 7. Because there is always a specialized and dedicated team ready for our customer they are assured of optimal service with a fixed point of contact. Within the multidisciplinary team there is a good balance between experience and expertise and we like to share our knowledge and experience with each other.
Our team is fan of automation with tools like Ansible and puppet. By means of scripting we ensure that more and more processes are automated and thus standardized.
What do we need from a Linux Cloud Engineer?
- What you need in terms of knowledge is Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure is a ‘nice to have’
- Knowledge and experience of tools such as Ansible, Apache/Nginx and HAproxy
- Nice to have: knowledge of SQL and vCenter
- It goes without saying that it’s part of your mindset to be available 24×7 bi-monthly for our mission critical applications
- You have knowledge and experience of tools such as Ansible, Git and applications like Apache/Nginx and HAproxy
- You have an affinity with databases such as Oracle or MySQL
- We are client oriented, so of course you’re socially skilled and customer friendly
- A driven (private) cloud engineer
- Someone who gets a kick out of working with other experts
What you get
- An extensive (private) cloud environment
- A team that takes you to the next step in the Future
- 20% Design
- 80% Maintenance and support
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!