Job opening for an Infrastructure Engineer
About the company
We were founded in 2016 and are a global innovator in cloud solutions, working with integrity and a personal approach with customers and partners to deliver a comprehensive suite of end-to-end managed IT services.
In a few words, we take businesses to the cloud and back!
We have over 330 colleagues (and counting) across a number of regional offices in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. Our team members enjoy collaboration in family-friendly working environments that support personal autonomy, development & goal-centred ambition, and an overall shared commitment to deliver market-leading cloud services.
This is an ideal role for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who is looking to further develop their career with additional responsibilities such as architecture & design, project management, and stakeholder management.
Your mission will be:
Work and unify our teams located across Ireland, UK, and The Netherlands
- Responsible for ensuring the operation & management of our platforms
- Consolidate, upgrade, and standard the platforms. Due to our continued acquisitions, these challenges never stop
- Get high-quality solutions and results, done the right way
- Lead projects on your own initiative from concept to completion and all ongoing user support thereafter
Managing VMware platforms, storage platforms like ZFS, and different LAN and WAN networks
- Prepare, perform and review changes on core routers, switches, and firewalls across multiple datacenters
- Participating in complex VMware, storage, network projects, and other infrastructure projects in a lead role
- Infrastructure incident management, escalation, and response as well-performing standby services
- Monitoring, capacity planning, and alerting the administration
- Vulnerability scanning and remediation
- Champion security best practices to ensure that network designs use the most appropriate network security solutions
- Engage with stakeholders and support teams to provide direction, guidance, and support on acceptable and balanced infrastructure solutions
- Produce documentation and operational procedures to record the standards of network security and act as a training guide and share knowledge to other colleagues to improve their knowledge & experience
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as an Infrastructure Engineer
- 3 to 5 years of work experience with VMware
- Strong understanding of ITIL and methodology
- Experience with running projects and doing complex changes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- IT School bachelor degree or higher
- Experience with storage & network management
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnosis skills across technologies
- We are one of the fastest-growing cloud solution providers in Europe
- Our company culture is exceptional and comes from a shared vision of delivering marketing leading cloud services in an unbeatable work environment
- Flexible working with a family-friendly focus are at the core of our company values
- We have beautiful office locations across Benelux, the UK and Ireland, with highly talented and supportive colleagues
- VMware & Veeam top partner status
- Feel like having some zen time? You’ll love our company subscription to Headspace
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!