Customer Success Manager
Do you know what it takes for software development to serve 1 billion users by 2025? Do you want to play a fundamental role in the success of AAA games? We are looking for highly qualified developers to help us bring our scalability to the next level.
About the Job
Who we are
We are a leading provider of high-performance, low-latency hosting through a vast, privately-owned global network. As game sector veterans, we know what it takes for a network to withstand heavy demands, and as of 2019. Now we’re growing faster than ever, keeping some of the world’s biggest games and WebRTC services online, and their users connected.
As a fast growing Game Hosting company, we are looking to grow all our Agile Development teams with Front-end React developers on medior and senior level. Our main challenges are:
- Enable game studios to deploy their games on our ONE Game Hosting Platform, enabling gamers around the world to play their favorite games without interruptions.
- Building advanced dashboards based on a large amount of data. These dashboards will be used by our customers across the world to keep a close look at the performance of their live game.
- Continuously increasing our services portfolio, by adding our in-house CDN, Anti-Cheat and Anti-DDoS system to our Game Hosting Platform.
- Handling a large influx of players by enabling intuitive cloud provider configuration in our platform for automated scaling into multiple clouds such as GCP, AWS, Azure as well as on our Bare Metal Cloud.
Together with the rest of the development team, the UX designer and the Product Owner you define the technical solutions to these challenges. We believe the hosting solution forms the fundamental basis of the success of a game and we rely on our developers to make sure we offer a stable and reliable platform. As software developer you can truly make a difference in the success of AAA games.
Our Agile Development teams are mainly self-organizing. So, you are not only a highly technically skilled person, but you are also a team player with good communication and coordination skills. You know all about the Agile mindset and enjoy taking responsibility. We are continuously looking for ways to improve and therefore hope you to take the initiative to help us with this.
Working during the pandemic is a challenge, but we can proudly say we have met that challenge head-on. Despite the distance, we can collaborate, bond, and get you settled. You’ll also have the freedom to structure your days, work times, and environment. If you feel safer working from home, take advantage of our budget for your home office equipment. Alternatively, feel free to use our Rotterdam office, including the fully equipped gym, kitchen, and gaming room (whilst complying with social distancing measures, of course).
- You take responsibility for the development of our Game Hosting Platform.
- Together with the team you translate complex functional requirements and features into a technical design and architecture.
- You play an active role in the development team. We value the input by any team member, junior, medior, senior, because we believe software development is a team effort. Also, you take care of close collaboration between Front-end and Back-end and Test Engineer in a proactive way. In the end you are all responsible for making the sprint goal.
- You take part in overall software development improvement initiatives that are a combined effort with the other development teams.
- As a senior you also help coach and assist junior and medior colleagues by sharing your knowledge and experience.
- Experience with CSS3 and CSS preprocessors such as SASS.
- You have thorough knowledge of HTML5.
- You have experience with AJAX and RESTful.
- Experience with and/or affinity for UX/UI.
- You know how to work with GIT workflows.
- Experience with back-end development (in PHP or C#) is a plus.
- You are experienced in working in a team and have an Agile mindset.
- You have at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
Additional nice things
Work From Home Budget
Travel the Globe
Vitality @ Work
Workout in our Gym
Get Free Games
Interested in this job?
You can send your application, consisting of a motivation letter and CV, to Mark Karsch via the application form at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Mark for questions about the position via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for the candidate that most closely matches the above profile. However, if you are not fully meeting the requirements, but still think, that we should choose you – don’t hesitate to still apply or contact us!